Friday, July 31, 2015

THREE CHEERS FOR OLD GLORY DISNEY PINS!


My goal for my last trip to Disney World in June was to pick up pins or what is referred to as a Pin Haul. First priority was some patriotic pins as it was close to the 4th. So while we were in the Magic Kingdom I sent my husband on a mission to pick up his favorite and I was on a quest to find a pin of my own. I love collecting these pins and displaying them and I also plan to use some of them in my WDW scrapbook projects. 


There were quite a few patriotic pins but two was the limit as there are so many incredible themed pins to choose from that I wanted and in my case, money is an object. After trying to decide between a few of them, I did finally decide on the Chip & Dale Top Hat Pin that I found at the Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe in Liberty Square. My husband found his favorite in an Oswald Flag Pin at the Frontierland Trading Post in, of course, Frontierland. Frontier Trading Post is the shop that Disney refers to as the Pin Trading & Shopping Mecca of the Magic Kingdom and they are not exaggerating. This is one of the shops where you will find many LE pins. Both of the pins we picked up are color code “Silver” which are priced at $8.95. One of the pleasant surprises I found in WDW merchandise was the insurgence of Oswald. There was a decent selection of Oswald items, primarily shirts and pins. So the next time you’re in Magic Kingdom, saunter on over to the Trading Post for a little piece of pin heaven. 



No comments:

Post a Comment