Tuesday, June 16, 2015

DISNEY THEME PARK SOUVENIRS & COLLECTIBLES: A DISNEY FANATICS DREAM COME TRUE!

Well, I just got back from the happiest place on earth. That’s right…Walt Disney World!

With me being a huge collector of Disney items, I felt like a kid in a candy shop. One of the best things that Disney has done is to introduce more Theme Park specific and Resort Logo items. For years Disney merchandise has been the generic Park merchandise that was sold everywhere. For a company like Disney these items were pretty boring and unimaginative. Well, in the last couple of years Disney has started to trend towards some very imaginative and exciting products. Starting recently, with the appearance of the Memento Mori, which sells basically Haunted Mansion attraction-related items to a new Superhero Store (can’t say the word Marvel) in Downton Disney. So cool! It’s been awhile since Disney has done anything exciting as far as merchandising since they decided to put those Disney character Christmas shops throughout their parks. I mean, even in the hottest days of summer, people are in there buying holiday items and you can count me in as one of them. 

Gone are the days of the cute and affordable…ok cheap, Disney character figurines that you could pick up just about everywhere in Walt Disney World. 

Take my Baseball Mickey for instance, from believe it or not...Sri Lanka! 


That’s the downside of Disney merchandise. With names like Britto, Jim Shore, Swarovski, Arribas, and Couture de Force, these figurines has just become too expensive for the average park visitor. My mom and I could pick up 5-6 good size and unique character figurines for the cost of one of the tiniest of Arribas items.  Of all of the above, Jim Shore’s Disney Traditions items are probably the best value and are amazingly detailed.  If you’re interested in Disney Princesses, then Couture de Force has some gorgeously detailed sculptures. There’s an Ariel figurine that is just stunning! 

Ariel Couture de Force Figurine


I had some money put aside for some Disney trinkets this trip and was planning on purchasing either a Couture de Force figurine or a Pandora bracelet. That is until I came across a couple of Benjamin Burch Gallery Wraps. Alas, they were a bit too pricey for my budget. Pooh...and I don’t mean Winnie!  But I did pick up some of his artwork on much more affordable post cards as well as Disney pins, jewelry, shirts and accessories. All of which I’ll be featured on my blog in the near future. 


No comments:

Post a Comment